Saturday, April 20, 2013

Life's Journey

Life sure is crazy sometimes. The school year is coming to an end, and it’s so surreal. Most of my closest friends are graduating in two weeks, and my best friend is getting married the week after. In talking to a friend of mine today, she mentioned how she didn’t think her life would be the way it is at the age she is. It made me start thinking and I could definitely relate to how she’s feeling. I feel that this year has been one of the hardest years of my life, but there is a reason that my life is the way it is right now. 

Being 26 years old, seeing my younger friends in relationships, getting married, having babies, I never thought I would be this age and still be single. The Lord has been really trying to minister to me. I kinda feel bad because I know the encouragement He’s given me has been great, and I am so thankful but I still can’t help but struggle with life right now. I’m not in  bad spot though, I’m thankful for all the things He’s given me. I have amazing friends who I know would do anything for me, I have an amazing family who supports me and are constantly rooting and praying for me. 

But yet, I still feel like something is missing in my life and that’s the hardest part. I know there is a part of me missing that I still have yet to able to connect to. Have you ever had that feeling? The feeling of knowing that someone or something is out there that is just waiting for you? I feel that way so much, especially lately. I’m in a huge transition in my life. I will be done with school in December, a college graduate. What an amazing journey it’s been up till now. In me graduating soon it’s made me really excited for the next chapter in my life. I have no idea what it’s gonna look like but I am excited to see what unfolds. I will be moving back home to Idaho when this year is over and it’s weird knowing I won’t have to come back when next semester ends.

 I know that whatever life holds for me after that is gonna be great. Patience and faith in God is the hardest part about it, but it’s the most important. That’s what I’m learning lately. Full faith and patience in the plan and life God has set before me. It’s hard, but I know it will be worth it in the end. 

No comments: