"When I became a woman, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love. But the greatest of these is LOVE." - 1 Corinthians 13:11b-13
"The speech, the thoughts and feelings of a child give way. The mirrors of ancient times were of polished metal and were far inferior to ours. The images were indistinct in comparison. They were seen darkly, indistinctly, imperfectly. Thus in this state of our knowledge of divine things imperfect and incomplete. But face to face, we will not look in a glass in the coming state but will see face to face without a veil or obscurity." (People's New Testament Commentary)
I really loved what they had to say about this scripture in this commentary. I feel it captures the passionate message I wanna bring to young girls, bringing to light who they really and truly are in God's sight. As women, young and old when we look in the mirror we see the flaws, the things we don't like, much like the darkened, imperfect mirror of ancient times.
But as soon as we come into the knowledge of the worth God sees in us and imperfections become made perfect in His eyes we see ourselves the way we should. The veil of lies, insecurity and doubt is taken away, and we see our loveliness, confidence and complete wholeness. It took me a long time to come to that realization and truly believe it.
I'm not saying that you will never have the moments and look at yourself and critique and want to change parts about yourself. Be we can know that God sees us the way we should see ourselves, beautiful, worthy, strong, one of a kind. It'll be up to you to grab hold of it and truly believe it. No matter what others, or society, or the media tells you, when you look in the mirror you are beautiful because God made ALL things good in His sight. Even you.
No comments:
Post a Comment