Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Unrest


Our nation right now is going down a road. A scary road. A road that if it continues, will leave this once united nation into a nation of division. As it is, we are already a divided nation. Division is crippling and it destroys any country, family, or church. It is an awful thing.

My heart is heavy because of the unrest in our nation. This nation was a nation where people were able to believe what they wanted to believe, people respected each other, and there were no forceful demands on what you were to believe or not. Now, it is not the case. It is a scary world we live in. A world that I worry about my son living in as he grows older.


So, what do we do? How as Americans do, we move forward? I am going to start by saying this. To the current issues we are dealing with, the lives that were taken. George Floyd was murdered by a cop who used unnecessary force. He did not use the training he was taught; he did whatever he wanted to do. In turn gave all cops a black mark.


I stand with the black community on this, this murder was unjust. No matter whon George Floyd was, he was a person, a person who begged for his life, and got no help. I do NOT agree with that, no matter the skin color. What that cop did, was wrong in every aspect. BUT. Not all cops deserve to be persecuted because of ONE cop’s bad mistake. Just because he was a cop, does not mean all police officers will do the same. To defund the police, would cause absolute chaos in our country. There is a better way.


Revelation 2:9-10 says this, (The Message)

“I can see your pain and poverty—constant pain, dire poverty—but I also see your wealth. And I hear the lie in the claims of those who pretend to be good Jews, who in fact belong to Satan’s crowd.
“Fear nothing in the things you’re about to suffer—but stay on guard! Fear nothing! The Devil is about to throw you in jail for a time of testing—ten days. It won’t last forever.
“Don’t quit, even if it costs you your life. Stay there believing. I have a Life-Crown sized and ready for you.”

We are living in a world that is challenging every person’s beliefs and faith. We as people who believe in God, and Jesus Christ, are having to stand firm upon what we know. We as believers know what is to come. Our world is in unrest. Tribulations and trials are beginning to come into our lives. The Devil has a hold on our world right now, and we as believers need to stand strong.


Isaiah 41:10 states, (The Message)

“Don’t panic. I am with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.”

We are not alone in this time. Christ is with us. He will never leave our side. He will give us strength; he will give us courage to do what we know is right. He will keep us steady. With everything going on in our world, Christ is what we need, Christ is what this world needs. So, let us be the Christ people need to see. Let us as believers be what this world needs, show what this world needs. Help heal this country, do not show hatred, do not show anger. Show love, be love, be understanding.


1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (The Message)

“Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head, Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,” Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others, Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end.”

Love conquers all. It is because of love we have the salvation through Jesus Christ that we do. It is because of love that we can love others. It is because of love that we have all we do. Love one another.


No comments: