On Sunday, I found out that Grandma was back in the hospital from only being home a day. My heart broke completely, as fear gripped my soul and took over my mind and heart. This past weekend as I wrote in my previous entry, marked the 1 year of my Grandpa’s death and so with Grandma not doing as well we all are really worried as we know she is dying. Her body is failing and all those years of neglecting herself her body is finally feeling the toll. She took care of Grandpa for so long, and even those long three years of battling cancer it took a toll on both of them. But, all day Sunday I was very down and upset. Towards the end of the night two of my best girlfriend Nora and Ali came in and we started talking about our days.
When they asked me how I was, I was honest and told them what I had a found out. Nora said “Well you need to get to your Grandma, we can go this weekend.” Ali followed by saying “Yeah, we can all chip in for money and we can make sandwiches for the road so we don’t have to stop for food and we can get you down there.” I sat there stunned and overwhelmed, in a good way. I ended up just staring at them because I was so shocked, I couldn’t help but start to bawl. God is constantly blessing me and taking care of me more than I ever imagined He could. I never doubted, but God is just blowing my mind in such a great way.
So on Friday after class at 2:00 me, Nora and Ali make our way to California. The update today is that Grandpa had scope put in her to see what was going on. They found more than one blockage. She got out of surgery at 12:00 and still wasn’t out of recovery at 3:00 which is a cause for concern. It’s a total God thing that I am able to go if just for a day or two to see her and spend time with her. God doesn’t promise tomorrow, so I’m very mindful of that. I was also blessed by the Student Life Directors emailing me because they found out about Grandma and told me there is a benevolence fund where they can give me money to go down there and help with the cost. God again blew my mind. He’s done that quite a few times this week. I am just so overwhelmed with God’s love for me and the love my amazing friends have for me. Even though life is uncertain right now, I see God moving and I have my friends beside me to help me through. What more could I want?

No comments:
Post a Comment