always an awesome time.
Last night, we went to the beach and just had a blast! I
was so excited to be at the beach again after a LONG time! They were laughing
at my excitement. But, I always feel like I’m with my friends every day. We’re
just so tight in such a short amount of time, I feel like this is my second
home! So God has just blessed me so much in that, but also in the ministry aspect
of things. Not only am I doing youth ministry, but I was asked to take the
younger children, to kids camp. There was only about 5 kids going, with no
adult or pastor to go with them, so Pastor Morgan asked me too. I’ll admit at
first the thought of “kids” scared me. For those that know me, know that there’s
a reason my concentration is YOUTH ministry *wink*
But, I pushed aside my fear and realized this wasn’t about
me, it’s about these kids going to camp and learning about their relationship
with God and others. So, after talking to a couple people, getting advice, I
leave for camp on Monday with a different focus. Not being afraid, but standing
firm knowing this was God’s plan for me all along and I’m just following HIS
steps. I gave God my summer to do what HE wants with me, and I guess this was
part of His plan. So I’m gearing myself up for an amazing time at kids camp and
whatever God has for me there. I feel like every single day God is teaching me
something about ministry or about myself, or HIM who is in me, and for me.
On another note, God gave my family and I a special gift this past week. My parents FINALLY got a check from the disability company as their case is finally settled. Which means life is becoming normal for us all once again. We have our cell phones back, they have money to take care of all the bills that were close to go going to collections, and if they get the bigger check for my dad’s retirement, they will be able to buy another car so
I
can have my car at school next year! Even though it was a LONG road, and we all felt hopeless at times and wondering where God was in this, He was working the entire time. God’s timing is ALWAYS perfect and He is ALWAYS working for us in our favor. We all are blessed beyond compare at God’s faithfulness to us in our life. He got us through the biggest storm we’ve had to face as a family and we all are thankful it’s over and are looking towards what the future is gonna hold for all us as a family unit. Thank you Lord for all you are doing and continue to do in my life personally and the lives of those that I love so dearly! You are worthy of my praise and devotion!


No comments:
Post a Comment