I never realized how therapeutic the sound of rain could be.
Fall has always been my favorite time of the year. The vibrancy of colors take
my breath away every single time. The sound of the wind and rain falling
against the ground and the trees is like soothing music to my soul. I can’t
help but be transported to another world of wonder and amazement. All I can
think about on nights like this is curling up by the fireplace in sweatpants and
a blanket, with a cup of hot cocoa with a good book or a journal with blank
pages.
I don’t have a fireplace, but I do have an opportunity to
allow my mind to rest. My mind suddenly stops and fades away from all the
stress, worry and anxiety for however long I feel like, as the music of the
beautiful nature that God created takes me away. It’s a time when my mind comes
alive and allows me to just be by myself and reflect, and recollect myself. When the seasons change it has the ability to excite me and make me be full of wonder. Here when I’m at school I’m able to enjoy fall, and the changing of
seasons. But when I go home for Christmas I am transported into a winter
wonderland, like I just walked through the wardrobe into Narnia. What magic
this season beholds for me, ever year. This year may be the hardest holiday
season I’ve had to go through without Grandma here. Her and Grandpa were
Christmas.
Every memory I have, has them in it. The magic of Christmas,
giving, love and sacrifice was practiced and shown to us by my Grandparents. My
Grandpa was Santa Clause for my entire life. The Holidays for my family were
just complete magic and wonder. I will miss those years of awe and wonder as a
kid getting exactly what I told Santa “Grandpa and Grandma”.But in that I choose to find joy in this season. Remember the
good times and cherish them with all that I have. But it’s time to make new
memories, and begin to cherish those. The old memories will never fade, but new
ones are just as exciting and wonderful. I’m definitely enjoying this rainy,
cold, fall night and look forward to more nights like this in this season.
No comments:
Post a Comment