Monday, October 1, 2012

Filled With Joy

As the leafs begin to change I can’t help but think about how life is changing for me and even those closest to me. A new season of happiness and life in general. It’s always so exciting. Helping my best friend plan her wedding has given me a lot of joy, just seeing her beam with happiness has been the special treat. I feel like life in still in a big transition and I’m so excited for it.

One thing that I know will be a part of my transition is being in a place of leadership here at the school. I ran for student council and won a spot. I was super excited and I am super excited to serve this school and the students. New Hope has done so much for me these past three years and I am excited to be able to give back in any way I can. It’s gonna be crazy but amazing. God is just reminding me constantly of how blessed I am with all the things He has given me. I have a tendency to focus more on what I don’t have instead of the blessings that make my life as happy as it is right now.

In my time with the Lord this morning I read Psalm 126 and verse 3 really stuck out to me. It says “The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.” It really hit me hard that I need to focus on the things that God has given me now, and just be content and thankful for all of it. And when I am truly, He will bestow more blessings in my life. I can’t wait for that. So I am just full of joy after I realize what I have, and I am a super lucky lady! That’s for sure! 


No comments: