Sunday, February 10, 2013

Humble Heart

This week my devotions were pretty much God reminding me how important it is to have wisdom, and also humbling yourself before the Lord. I encountered that this week. To be honest, before this week I couldn’t remember the last time I just sat and talked out loud to the Lord. It’s easy to get into that mindset of ‘Oh God knows how I feel, he sees my needs so I don’t really have to ask for it’. FALSE. God desires for us to come to him and ask him for help, to fulfill our needs.

“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and HE will LIFT you up.” James 4:10.

This scripture is so straightforward and powerful in itself. It’s never easy to humble yourselves to anyone, let alone the Lord. This week brought me to a point where I just couldn’t take it anymore, I had to connect with God. I knew he was the only one who could feed my soul the way I needed him too. So I did, and I went to bed that night feeling so much better. It was amazing. What was even more amazing is that the next day God showed up in a response to my prayers the night before. It was a little thing, but monumental to me.

I was also blessed hardcore when I was able to skype with one of my close girlfriends last night. We hadn’t really had a chance to talk in over a month, so I just started telling her everything God is doing and then she started to share with me the journey she’s been on with God and hearing what God was doing in her life I was encouraged and God completely spoke to me through her. It was amazing and I woke up this morning feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. I went to church and today’s sermon was all about listening to GOD’S voice, and knowing who you are in and through HIM. The past is in the past and I need to walk with the Lord as my focus and nothing else. Which is one of things I talked too with my girlfriend last night.
God just keeps showing up in huge ways lately and I’m feeling so great. Physically, emotionally and spiritually! Life is amazing and my life is so full with God and all the people who he’s blessed me with. I really don’t need anything else and it feel so great! God is doing so much and I’m just filled with excitement to see what he’s gonna do as the weeks go on! SMILING through it all! J  



No comments: