Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Reflection


Wow! What a week it’s been. So much has happened this past week that I am just so overwhelmed in such a great way. It started off last Monday when my heart was heavy with longings. And God through his divine ways spoke me through a picture of a scripture which is to the right. This scripture in Hebrews originally is talking about the Abrahamic Covenant God made with Abraham about making him a great nation and his decedents being promised that God would multiply them and bless them. But this girl wrote it in a way that spoke to me, right where I was at and I was brought to tears. 

THEN on Wednesday I heard a guy speak at chapel who shared his testimony. His testimony penetrated my heart so deeply when it comes to my relationship with my Dad. For so long my heart was riddled with judgment, blame, and unforgiveness. Hearing this man’s testimony, God instantly convicted my heart and spirit. I became overwhelmed with emotions, and I fought breaking down in tears in the middle of chapel. Throughout the rest of the day I fought emotions and the yearning to cry like a baby. After my last class I rushed to my dorm room and called my Dad. As I bawled there on the phone I spent the next five minutes or so explaining to him what had happened and how sorry I am for everything. I told him how honored I am to have him as my Daddy and that I love him so much, which brought him to tears as well. 

Throughout the rest of the week God showed up in little ways through my devotions and through the blessing of my amazing friends. Also through writing for one of my classes a reflection paper on my life up to this point. The things, or people that influenced me throughout my childhood, situations, hardships, everything. Through thinking and reflecting on all of that God revealed that He through everything has taught me how to have faith in Him. Having faith in Him, and trusting the plans He has for my life has made me the woman I am today. In that I believe He is preparing me for my future. I don’t know exactly what it is, but the foundation of faith that I have been given is going to help me through the struggles that are to come in my future. He’s also reminded me how blessed I am to have the people I have in my life. I am thankful for all the mentors and the people who have made an impact in my life. Some of those I rarely talk to now, and they will probably never know the impact they have had in my life. But I do, and it means the world to me. I feel like God has promised me an amazing year this year, this is my year. I’m excited to see what else He has in store for me, it can only get better from here! 


No comments: