"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be PURE and blameless, until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ to the glory and praise of God." - Philippians 1:9-11
In this scripture Paul is writing to the church at Philippi. Paul often wrote and let his friends know what he prayed to God for them. It's an encouragement to us to know that we are prayed for by our friends. Pray prayed for them that they may be loving people. Their love for God, each other and others. I think the most important part of this scripture is when Paul said 'so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless.'
Being pure and blameless in our culture is not easy. We are sinful by nature and that gives us more of a draw to satisfy our own needs, much like Eve in the garden of Eden. Just a whisper for the enemy and her desire for what was forbidden peaked enough for her to compromise what the Lord himself had told her. The enemy is out to destroy us and but a wedge between us and Christ.
In our day he uses our culture and the self-gratification mindset our cultures has. He uses it to tempt us and make us forget that Christ has called us to be above all of that. To live a life of purity, righteousness and love. It does get hard and it's never easy but being pure is something that our culture doesn't get or understand. Which is all the more reason to take a stand. Live a life of love, PURITY, and righteousness, so when you meet God face to face you can stand before him blameless.
Yes, we do make mistakes, I have and I've done things I am not proud of. That's where God's grace is so wonderful to experience. He washes us clean with his grace and love. What's in the past is past, He is more focused on our futures. Purity is choice. Are you going to let the culture tempt you and destroy you or will you stand in the purity and righteousness God has called you to? Self-gratification only leads to more loneliness and pain, while purity and righteousness leads to true fulfillment and love. It's up to you to choose how you want to live.
I am not here to judge, or ridicule. This is just something that God is speaking into my own life. I had forgotten how important being pure was, I had let myself go down certain roads and I was deceived by the enemy to the point where I pushed it aside because it felt good. But in the end I realize, I still felt empty and it didn't satisfy me in the way it should. Then God used a song, by a Christian band, to wake me up and show me how He really wants me to live. Letting go of it isn't easy, but I find that I have felt more fulfilled by focusing on Christ and letting him fulfill my needs. So let God do the same in your life. You will be glad you did.
No comments:
Post a Comment