Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Goodness of God

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him." - 
Nahum 1:7

"The Lord is good, and all the time God is good." I've heard that saying my whole life. It used to be a greeting our pastor would say in the morning on Sundays. He would say the first part and the congregation would respond with the second half. I always thought is was a fun thing to say, but it wasn't until I got older that I was able to recognize the deep meaning of it.

God is good, all the time. When life gets hard God is good. When you feel that you're hanging by a thread, God is good. He will be there in every moment because of his unconditional and unfailing love. The Lord is good and his love is good. Everything God is, is good. 'He is the same yesterday, today and forever'. (Hebrews 13:8) 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of light with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." (James 1:17) Isaiah 40:28 says, "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable!" God's character is full of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness and goodness.

I spent a long time doubting God in a lot of ways. I ended up being in a real dark place. I was at my lowest. It was in one moment that God's love for me pierced through my heart and mind, to where I was shown the truths about God. I haven't doubted Him ever since then. I have days where I wonder what He's doing in my life, but I trust Him wholeheartedly. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6) 

There is one thing you can trust, and that is God. He will prove to you His love and goodness is real and trustworthy. People who know me can tell you I don't give my trust easily, but there is one person who always has my trust and that is the never failing Lord of my life. He is good, all the time. Don't be afraid to trust Him you won't be disappointed.



No comments: