This morning I was talking with a friend. I shared with them
what I read out of the Word today and they said something that hit me. I shared
that I read out of Acts 18. Verse 9-10 it talks about how God came to Paul and
told him to not stop speaking.
“9 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in
a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. 10 For I am with you, and no one is
going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.” 11 So Paul stayed in Corinth for a
year and a half, teaching them the word of God.”
After I shared this we started talking about faith. The word ‘emunah’
in Hebrew means faith. They went on to share that the word ‘Umanut’ in Hebrew
means ‘craftsmanship’. After that they went on to say this which is what struck
me, ‘Faith is something you build’. I had to sit there for a second as I marveled
over that one sentence. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense.
Faith really is something you build. It doesn’t come easy it
never happens overnight. It’s something that takes time. Jesus himself was a
carpenter. He built things, he was a craftsman. He knows that faith as small or
big as it is for each of us, He’s taken time to build it up in us.
Our faith is based on trusting that God is who he says he is,
and can do what He says He can do. Jesus builds our faith by showing and
proving to us HE is trustworthy. When we go through hard times, and hardships,
He is there to help us through. In our darkest times God is there, building
that up in us.
Faith can start out small. It says in the Word,
“Jesus
tells His disciples, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say
to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey
you.” Luke 17:6
Jesus uses rhetorical hyperbole to make the point that little is
much when it comes from God. All it takes is a little seed to grow into
something big and triumphant. Faith is something Jesus builds in us. He is the
master craftsman after all.
When you feel you don’t have enough faith at times, remember all
it takes is a small seed of it, and God will edify and build it up in you. As
it grows you will stand more confident in knowing that with your small seed of
faith, you can move mountains.

No comments:
Post a Comment