Sunday, October 10, 2021

Hard Times


 

“That is why for Christ’s sake, I DELIGHT in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” – 2 Corinthians 12:10 

I don’t even know where to begin… This past year has probably been the hardest year of my life. Last October I left my husband and moved home. I knew I had to in order to gain clarity, and to heal from the hurt and pain that I was dealing with. I’m being 100% real with all of this. My marriage, as it seemed from the outside was perfect and we were extremely happy. But on the inside, it was heartbreaking, painful and honestly downright messed up.

Growing up as a Christian, in church. There were always those picture-perfect marriages that looked all put together. But as reality hits, I’m sure was far from perfect just like mine was. I feel churches have become kind of screwed up. Shouldn’t the church be the place where you can be vulnerable and be real with yourself and others? Rather than play and act the part people expect from you? How have churches become so off that people hide rather than truly come as you are? Broken, hurt, messed up. What would God himself think about how churches have become? I would gather He himself wouldn’t be too impressed.

So, I played the part of perfection, rather than cry out at the alter because of judgement. That is in itself screwed up.

This past year I have gone through a painful journey. Being a single mom, trying to figure out how to put my life back on track. How to deal with the pain and hurt my marriage caused. Not an easy feat. I in a way turned from God due to the fear of judgement from people I should feel safe with. Feeling as if they wouldn’t care or hear how I truly felt, or even care to see the devastation inside of myself.

This year of my journey through this life has led me here. Getting my life with God back on track. Ready to finally heal and deal with the reality of what my life had become. I am now stronger. I am now a force to reckoned with. I am no longer weak; I am no longer wallowing. I have my dukes up and I’m ready to fight.

The enemy probably thought he had me with this one. Thought he had destroyed me finally. I’ve got news for you. You didn’t beat me. I am not down for the count. I am strong. I am a fighter. My son is worth fighting for, my life is worth fighting for. The enemy may have distracted me for a time, he may have thought he had gain ground. But it wasn’t the case.

So here I am. Seeking, crying out. God help me. I feel like I am David, hiding in the wilderness out of fear of being judged and hiding for my life. What did David do when he was at his lowest? He cried out to God.

“You oh Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is FLAWLESS. He is a SHEILD for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the ROCK except for our God? It is GOD who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on heights.” – Psalm 18: 28-33

This is my song right now. God arms me, He shields me, He strengthens me. He is the reason have been down but not dead. I am thankful to know these truths. I couldn’t have gotten through this year alive without His strength and the knowledge I have about Him in me. When you think you are down, know you aren’t down completely. God will sustain you, God will strengthen you. God is there. Reach out, call out, cry out, scream out in anger, and He will hear you. I am not defeated.

5 comments:

Anonymous333 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous333 said...

I think it’s important to point out to you that the picture your words paint is one of an abusive relationship. Maybe that is your intention. To turn the blame away from yourself and on to your husband and the father of your beautiful son.
You are a single mom by choice and you chose to keep your son away from his dad. You’ve used him as leverage and kept him away from his dad only allowing contact when it was to your benefit. I hope your words hold weight. I hope you can gain your clarity without destroying the relationship of your son and his dad.

Shai Jensen said...

Only you, Tyler & the Lord know what your marriage was. It's easy to have a romantic view of marriage. Marriage should be of two best friends and focus on the Lord. Marriage is work.

You needed to do what you felt was right.

I'm proud of your growth in the Lord. Let Him guide you as you continue to grow. Let Him guide you and Tyler as you make decisions about your relationship and Zach.

You are a strong and amazing woman!

Uncle Bruce and I love you.

Shai Jensen said...

You don't sound as if you know Rachel or Tyler or the true situation. Read her post again. I don't know how you got everything in your comment out of her post. I pray you read it, pray & gain compassion and understanding. And I pray you remove this comment.

Breanna davis said...

I love you my dear friend. I agree that we all need to be honest to our church. Theres a huge weight taken off us when we talk about our struggles. Being a single mom is tough. I'm so glad that God has brought you through the struggles. You have been on my mind allot. I will be praying for you my friend.