Friday, April 16, 2010

Ride of My Life



So much has changed since I last wrote an update. Life is crazy and I've noticed it can take some crazy turns. I sometimes feel as though I'm on a roller-coaster and life has so many ups and downs you can get so sick to your stomach wanting to get off the dang ride! But if you look at it, in the sense of riding in a car, and you're on just some real bad winding roads, it doesn't sound as bad does it? God's got the wheel and he's driving the car, I'm just along for the ride. Yeah, the road gets scary and you don't know where you're going, but God has control of the wheel so why get all freaked out? Right now, God has really been speaking to me about letting go on the wheel and stop trying to take it from Him, because ultimately He's the one driving. He's the one who knows where we're going. Why would you want to take the wheel and start driving when you have no idea where the heck you're supposed to be going? It doesn't make sense what-so-ever to do that! So why would you want too? Yeah...not a good idea.

With the last term of the school year reaching its midway through point I've been taking a look back lately about everything that has happened this year. So much has taken place. It's more than just me meeting some great friends and finding my best friend forever Becca. I've mostly looked back on how much God has been able to change me through this year. He stretched me, grew me, taught me, and walked with me through the entire journey. I'm still walking with him even now. The journey is far from being over. I still have three to four more years at this place! lol. So much is going to happen, but I know that God has it all planned and mapped out for me. I'm just in the passenger seat relaxin with my feet out the window! I'm chill! Even though life right now has so many question marks, I know God has those questions answered. I just have to be willing to wait for him to answer them.

It's definitely not easy to wait. Waiting sucks actually. In this culture we live in today we don't like to wait, especially if we're waiting for something we desire and want. God never said it would be easy and I know that. I've known that for a long, long time that life sure as heck isn't easy. But God takes the weight of the world off your shoulders and puts it on his, so we can feel as ease and feel relaxed and not stressed or worried about anything. It's just how amazing God is and how much he loves us. It's a really great thing. Just be praying for me as I continue on this road-trip with God as he drives me down the road of my life. It's definitely a journey. Life is an exciting, hard, but worth it journey with God. *smile*


1 comment:

Daughter of Trust said...

I love you sweets! It has been one of the biggest blessings in my life to watch you these last couple of years...you go girl!...well actually...You go God...haha