Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"Fun" in California

So this past weekend my amazing friends, Nora, Ali and I drove down to Fresno/Reedley California to see my Grandma in the hospital. The way down there was so much fun we had such a great time. We ended up getting in about 3:00 in the morning Saturday. We slept until 10:00 then got up and went to see Grandma with my cousin Meaghan who had arrived there on Friday. Grandma still didn’t know I was coming. When she saw me, she was super surprised and blessed beyond anything. I loved seeing the joy on her face just with me being there.

Nora brought her guitar and we ended up singing some worship songs to her, and she absolutely loved it. She seemed kind of out of it still, she had a couple moments where she just stopped talking and then trailed off to another subject, and seemed kind of drugged. Other than that she was doing real well. Nora ended up ministering to the woman sharing a room with Grandma just by talking to her. We all wondered if she ever had family come visit her, and talk with her.

We stayed with her for about two hours then headed back to my Uncle’s house where we hooked up with my other two cousins Heather and Leah. Meaghan is getting married this summer and Leah, Heather and I are bridesmaids so we went to David’s Bridal to get our dresses and we had such a great time. I was super glad that we got to experience getting our dresses together and have fun as cousins. Nora and Ali came too and we all just had a great time.

The next day Nora, Ali and I were on our way to see Grandma one last time before we headed back up to Oregon when her car broke down on the freeway. It was a total God-thing because we were only minutes away from my Uncle who was at the hospital already, so I called him and he left the hospital immediately and was on his way to us. We started to push the car off the freeway when a CHP (California Highway Patrol) officer pulled over and pushed us off the exit which was right there, and he got us to a safe place. I called my Uncle Mick and told him exactly where we were. When he got there he checked the car out and soon realized that the engine seized and we couldn’t get it started up at all. So he used his AAA to get a free tow, and then we had to figure out a way to get home to Oregon so he called and helped us rent a car, and about two hours later we were safely on our way back to Oregon, leaving Nora’s car in California. SORRY NORA =|

She’s trying to decide what do with her car. I felt so bad, but we certainly made an adventure out of the entire trip. We bonded and got closer which was super amazing, and besides being extremely tired we made the trip home fun as well. All in all God used us to minister, but also brought us all closer together which is amazing. I love these girls so much and we are definitely best friends for life! Nora and Ali thank you so much for all you did for me this past weekend and I appreciate you so very much.






1 comment:

Ali Decker said...

Love you too hun! What else are friends for? :)