Friday, September 6, 2013

By Faith

“We live by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7

We live by faith, not by sight. Another well-known translation is we walk by faith, not by sight. This scripture is in fact my ultimate life scripture. Throughout my life I have had to walk a live by having faith in Christ. Even now I am having to walk this out. Most of you know that I am graduating college in December. The week of me leaving to come back to school for my last semester, I got a call from the financial aid office here at the school.

They began to tell me that there was a problem with something on my application which has stalled the awarding of my aid for this semester. Up until the day before I was planning to leave I didn’t know I was coming back. So here I am, two weeks into my last semester and still no financial aid and no job. Scary? Absolutely. My flesh is screaming at me to be freaking out and stressed out about it. But my spirit, the spirit of God within me is allowing me to focus on being confident in the Lord, having faith and knowing He is going to provide all my needs.

He’s done so in the past, why would he stop now? Even though our circumstances may appear hopeless and our feelings may tell us to give up, we mustn’t allow ourselves to be limited by the visible world. Instead, we need to put our trust in God who never changes. If I can encourage you in any way today it would be to tell you to have faith in what Christ is capable of doing in your life. Never limit God! He is capable to do more than you can imagine. Never put God in a box, He has the ability to surprise you. Whatever uncertainties you are dealing with right now, remember that Christ conquered the grave and rose again, he can conquer and show up in your circumstance. 

Faith is never easy, but it’s worth it. 



No comments: