Friday, November 22, 2013

Fight Against Burdens, Find Rest

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find REST for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden in light." - Matthew 11:28-30

22 days until I graduate from New Hope Christian College. This has been my home for four years and the thought of leaving has been difficult and painful. So many question marks and unknowns and it's so easy to feel burdened by all of it as I transition into the next step of life. I really needed to read this as a reminder for where I am at right now. If you're feeling weary and burdened like me, take this as a reminder for yourself as well. 

We all have moments of being weary, life can be real overwhelming at times. I am reminded of the story in Exodus when Moses got tired and weary himself. 

"Whenever Moses held up his hand, Israel prevailed, and whenever he lowered his hand, Amalek prevailed. But Moses' hands grew weary, so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it, while Aaron and Hur held up his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side. So his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. And Joshua overwhelmed Amalek and his people with the sword." - Exodus 17:11-13

Whenever Moses had his arms raised, Israel was winning the battle, but his arms got tired, he couldn't keep his arms raised, it wasn't humanly possible. So Aaron and Hur came alongside him, and held his arms up. Without the support of Aaron and Hur, Moses couldn't have kept his arms up and Israel would have lost the battle. 

In your times of heavy burdens and weariness, don't be afraid to have people come alongside of you and support you. I have no idea how I would be getting through this time I am in without my amazing family, friends and mentors who are always there for me. They cover me in prayer and support my arms to stay lifted to make it through the battle. 

Also allow Christ to give you rest and peace. He will always be there to give you all you need to succeed and make it through. Be encouraged today to find your Aaron and Hur, don't do it alone. Also find rest in Christ and trust in Him who takes your burdens away. REST today knowing Christ has it all taken care of and we have no reason to feel burdened or stressed because ultimately HE covers us every single day. 



No comments: