"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace."
a time to be born and a time to die
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace."
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-8"
This scripture came to mind to me this morning. I feel it's definitely fitting for the time I am in right now. With graduation in two weeks, this scriptures is encouraging. It shows that God has a time for everything, and a perfect timing in all that He has for us. The time and season he has had me in has been a time of restoration, renewal, healing, equipping me, and so much more. The capstones and spiritual foundations and practices I have learned here at New Hope have prepared me to this point and time.
I will take these things and apply them to my life outside this campus, this "city on a hill". There is a time for everything. This time for me is a time to rejoice, but it also a time to weep and laugh. I know when I leave and graduate on December 14th I am leaving behind amazing friends who have become a part of my life in ways I never thought imaginable.
This isn't the end. It's the beginning of new life a new beginning for me. I am excited and thrilled to see what the next chapter has for me. This time I know it will be filled with joy, happiness and full abandon as I walk with God guiding and leading me every step of the way. Time is such a hard thing to get and understand. There is a time and timing for every thing. You just need to have enough faith to trust that the Lord's timing is better than your own.
This time...I'm giving it all to Him. Let it be in His will and timing. It's time.
No comments:
Post a Comment