"Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."
- Luke 24:45-49
I absolutely love this part of scripture. The first line gets me. "And he opened their minds so they could understand the scripture." I feel like that is a key scripture. With Jesus opening our minds we are able to understand not only the importance of scripture, but have an understanding of it. Yeah sometimes it doesnt make sense and we need to dive deeper to the core of it, but thats what is so wonderful about scripture. He gave us the understanding of scripture and to follow it up, he sent us the Holy Spirit. Put these two together and we have a great undrrstanding of Jesus' love for us. He loved us so much that not only did He die for us, he gifted us with the scriptures and the Holy Spirit. We have the ability to seek Him through The Word and have the Holy Spirit besides us, helping us through life. I find myself blessed by this obvious evidence of the love Christ has for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment