"When Moses when up on the mountain, the cloud covered it, and the glory of the Lord settled on Mount Sinai. For six days the cloud covered the mountain and on the seventh day the Lord called to Moses from within the cloud. To the Israelites the glory of the Lord looked like a consuming fire on top of the mountain." - Exodus 24:15-17
Wow. What a sight that must have been. To see the glory of the Lord like that in person is amazing. I also start thinking about the Israelites. After seeing something so amazing the Shekinah (defined as 'the glory of a divine presence.') glory of the Lord, how and why would you continue to doubt his capabilities? It does not make sense to me at all. I think if I saw the Lord show up like that I would be so in awe that I would want to do nothing else but serve Him.
"Having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal."
- Revelation 21:11
The glory of the Lord is not just shown in nature, God's glory has the ability to transform our lives and us personally.
"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from on degree of glory to another." - 2 Corinthians 3:18
"Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire." - Hebrews 12:28-29
With Glory like that, why wouldn't you want to worship and serve God?
I'll end with this quote from the Matthew Henry Commentary.
He states, "And through faith in the atoning Sacrifice. we hope for greater honour than Moses ever enjoyed on earth. Now we see through a glass darkly, but when he shall appear, then face to face. This vision of God will continue with equal if not increasing brightness of JOY, not for a few days only, but through eternity."

No comments:
Post a Comment