"Fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God's house. Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as a builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything." {Hebrews 3:1b-4}
I love this scripture because again it shows just like us, Jesus was faithful to what he had been called to do. We try daily to be faithful to what Christ has called us to do. Love each other, show forgiveness, make disciples etc. Jesus knows what it's like to struggle and be uncertain of what he was called to do.
In the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus pleaded with God to take the burden away from Him and not have to do what he knew God asked him to do. His flesh and humanity were battling against his spirit and what He knew was right. In the end his struggle came to reality as he said, "Not my will, but your will be done." {“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will,
but yours be done.' An angel from heaven appeared to him and
strengthened him. And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and
his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground." Luke 22:42-44}
Have you ever felt this way? Feeling so full of doubt and anguish that you hit your knees and cry out to God for help or for some sort of sign? Yeah, I've been there. We all have. But what I love most about this scripture is the words, 'An angel from heaven appeared to him and
strengthened him'. I had an experience much like this, where I had hit rock bottom and I was in my room on my knees literally crying out to God. Out of nowhere I felt this presence come over me and I felt a warm feeling surge through my body. As I sat there feeling this, I could feel the presence of God in my room and not all seemed lost anymore. I was 17 years old when this happened and I remember it like it was yesterday.
No matter how tough you feel the calling on your life is, rest assured that Christ knows exactly how you feel, and because of that He's not going to leave you high and dry. He will be with you every step of the way. He is always there, rooting us, helping us, carrying us along because he knows first hand the journey is rough. You may want to give up, you may want to throw in the towel. When it gets to that point, hit your knees and cry out to God. He will help, He will be there. He will strengthen you. We are His chosen people, His children. He won't leave us. He's there, just cry out or call out to Him. He will answer.
No comments:
Post a Comment