Monday, July 7, 2014

The Humanity of Jesus

"But we see Jesus who was made a litter lower than the angel, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone." - Hebrews 2:9

In this chapter we get a glimpse of what God had in mind when he sent Jesus to earth. It wouldn't have been as effective if he came to earth suddenly as a grown man who was fully God, and fully man. Instead God sent Jesus as an innocent baby, just like how all of us have started. He lived a normal life with a Mom and a Dad. 

It wasn't until he was 30 years old that he began the rest of his journey. From 30-33 he experienced life and life in ministry. His ministry journey started off getting baptized by John the Baptist. Who felt unworthy to baptize the Messiah that John knew was coming. But he baptized Jesus anyway. His next step, was going off into the desert soon being tempted by the cunning one, the Devil. 

Throughout his ministry he went on to do miraculous things. His disciples also brought a typical dynamic of humanly tendencies. Jealousy, greed, etc. This I'm sure brought Jesus frustration and grief. Jesus encountered obstacles, people trying to trick him into blasphemy. He also knows what it is like to need time to himself just Him and the Lord. Ultimately Jesus knows what it is like to suffer severely. He suffered death, an excruciating death, which most of us will never have to go through. Now why am I pointing all this out? 

To show that Jesus was just like us. He was human. Fully God, but fully Man. God sent Jesus this way so we can take Him at his "Word" (The Bible) and believe Him when he says, "Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding, acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6) Why? Jesus had to do the same thing. Life is hard, unknown and frustrating. We suffer in our own personal ways. 

For me lately it's been not getting a job I was passionate about and felt perfect for. I thought I would get it, but I didn't. It's been such a let down and it's been real agonizing not knowing what is next for me and where my life is going. But when Christ tells me to trust Him, and have faith (Faith is defined as: "complete trust or confidence in someone or something") I know I can because if Christ can do it, I can as well. I know I will never understand the pain and suffering Christ went through, but I, like everyone else suffer in my own way. 

This time of confusion and pain is a refining time for me. Christ is using it to continue my growth and relationship with Him. I just have to continue moving forward and trusting God. Easier said than done sometimes, but ultimately worth it. Don't lose hope, keep going. Answers will come at just the right time. Keep your focus and stay strong through the refining fire. 



No comments: