Saturday, April 23, 2011


Wow! So much has happened since my last blog. I don't even know where to begin. My first semester at NHCC was a rough one. I went through a time where I was in a denial of what I felt God wanted for my life and even what I wanted. I felt as though I was at NHCC because it was what was expected of me. And I lost all motivation and to do my best and now looking back now I regret it. I finished school there with the plans to pursue something else entirely which was photography school. God opened all the doors and I thought everything was good! Life seemed great. I got home, and the next day everything seemed to hit the fan and go wrong. The biggest thing was my Grandpa who had be fighting lung cancer for two years took a turn for the worst. So the beginning of January instead of starting school I left with my Mom to California to help my Grandma take care of him.

Doctors found a tumor in his brain the size of a plum, so he needed surgery. Even before then he seemed off and not all there and it got worse. The surgery went well and things seemed to be on the up. Mom and I were in California for about three and a half weeks and she decided to make our way home with the plans to come back within a couple weeks. That didn't end up happening. A week later Grandpa died and I felt my world crumble from underneath me. My Grandpa was the most important man in my life. He was one of my biggest fans, wanting me to have every happiness I could ever think of or want. He meant the most to me out of every man I have in my life right now. Without having my friends surrounded around me I fell apart. But I had my family which was amazing. We all surrounded each other to get through the biggest loss we have ever had to deal with together.

It's been a rough couple months, but the entire time God was speaking to me. I felt as though God took me away from NHCC not to go to photography school but be home with my family through this time. It hasn't been easy cause at times I still don't understand why God would bring me away from my life in Eugene. I was definitely happy in Eugene and my life seemed set and perfect. Yet, God had another plan and like always they are had to understand and they don't make sense. But that's what having faith is. Trusting that even though you have no clue what's going on or where life is going to take you, God DOES! He knows what He's doing, He knows the plan that HE has for you and that's all that really matters.

God doesn't promise that life is going to be easy if you choose to have Him in your life and follow after Him. But he does promise that He will never leave you or forsake you. That the plans he has for your life are plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and an amazing future. I can deal with those promises cause we end up coming up on top. What's not to love about that? God loves us so much and He wants to give us all our hearts' desires and I love Him so much for loving me as much as He does. It really is an amazing love.

No comments: