Monday, August 6, 2012

Grandma

My Grandma was one of those people who was friends with everyone she met. Any friends we would introduce her to she would tell them to just call her Grandma. She would even call the weather man by his first name like she knew him personally. My Grandma loved people to the best of her ability, especially when it came to the people she loved most. There were days at school when I had the roughest day possible and the only person besides my Mom that I wanted to talk too was my Grandma. She always made life not seem as hard or as bad as it was at the time. We could talk for hours on the phone about anything and everything.

One thing we both love is food, especially watching the food network channel. One of our favorite shows was Diners, Drive-in’s and Dives. She would call me on the phone and ask me if I saw the latest episode and she would describe to me her favorite meal of the show.  Whether it was the most amazing piece of meat she had ever seen or the most scrumptious plate of food she saw she would be salivating over it and just had to share it with me. Those moments are the kind of moments I will hold dear.


My Grandma showed her love for food by preparing the most grandest meals I could ever remember. We could just be having a family dinner and it was like Thanksgiving every single time. I would say the Holidays were her super bowl. She LOVED cooking and hearing the sounds of satisfaction coming from our mouths as we ate her food. One thing Grandma always said was “You can never skip Breakfast, it’s the most important meal of the day,” and nothing said breakfast like going over to Grandma and Grandpa’s. There would be a buffet of food, bacon, sausage, hash browns, toast, eggs cooked to order. When it came to family Grandma and Grandpa both did everything they could to see happiness on our faces. My Grandma taught me what it was like to be a stay at home Mom, and woman.To nurture, and raise a family up to be the best they can be, but most of all, she taught me love. Love in any kind of way I can think of. My Grandma was one of the most amazing women I have ever met and I can only do my best to strive and be the kind of strong, loving, stubborn and amazing woman she was. I love you Grandma and I will miss you every day.

No comments: