Friday, August 10, 2012

The Aftermath


One thing I’ve realized about life is that you always need to expect the unexpected. I had always heard in church that every day is not guaranteed to you, you never know what tomorrow is going to bring. I definitely have seen this come to pass recently with the passing of my Grandma. I still am in the stage of denial. I know she’s gone and I know she’s in heaven with my Grandpa but, I still cannot believe she’s gone. The day before she died I replay it every day in my mind. I know it’s going to take time and I understand that but it’s really tough.

With the passing of Grandma has come difficulties that I hadn’t had to deal with before. The separating and passing on of Grandma and Grandpa’s things, more so all of Grandma’s cook-wear and china, basically everything that made Grandma and Grandpa’s house, theirs. Even though I got some of these things, it just doesn’t seem real. I feel in a fog still and I wish I knew how long this is gonna take. I guess it’s just another part of life that you tend to go through. There are many questions I am still asking God, questions that are just for Him. He’s answering them slowly but surely and like I said before I know it’s going to take time. But this loss, the loss of the two most important people in my life has hit me broadside. 

I am so thankful for the friends and mentors in my life who have come alongside of me during this time of hardship. To those people, they know who they are. Thank you for all your support and encouragement you have given me and your continued prayers I feel every single day. I am also so thankful for my family. I foresee that even though Grandma and Grandpa are gone, we still remain strong and stable as we cling to each other for support and love. I love you all so much and am so thankful for each and every one of you. 

No comments: