Lately I have been battling so many things. I feel as
though the enemy is going overtime on trying his best to discourage and defeat
me. As always in the moment I’m sure he feels like he is getting the upper
hand. At times I do feel like he does and I feel weak to the attack. In the
heat of the moment it’s always emotional and you feel like you can’t take
anymore. The ‘rug’ is pulled out from underneath you and you’re in pain from
the fall. One thing I have learned in my personal walk with God is that
sometimes He doesn’t save you from the rug being pulled out from underneath
you, but he does give you the strength to get back up and not be shaken.
Romans 8:36-39 says,
“As it is written, “For your sake we
are being killed all the day long; we
are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No,
in all these things we are more than conquerors
through him
who loved us. 38 For
I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things
present nor things to come, nor powers,39 nor
height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate
us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (ESV)
It is through the love of Jesus Christ that I am still
able to stand and get back up. We are able to conquer the enemy and his plots
and plans. He may pull the rug from underneath our feet, and we may stay down
for a little while but because of the victory Jesus Christ had over him, we can
push ourselves up and be conquerors. One of my favorite bands is Rascal Flatts,
one of their songs is called “Stand” and I have always felt that if I were able
to choose a theme song for my life it would be this one. The chorus mostly is
what I feel like I need to tell myself every single day…
“Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause it’s all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand, Then you stand.”
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause it’s all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand, Then you stand.”
I love the last
phrase of this song ‘Then you stand’ and I love that they repeat it one more
time because it finalizes the impact that whatever life throws at you, you
stand and you get back up. You keep fighting, you keep moving, you keep going.
“Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be
courageous; be strong.” 1 Corinthians 16:13
God is bigger than any rug that will knock you down.
Whenever the rug gets pulled from underneath you, dust yourself off, and stand
back up stronger than you were before you fell. Stand firm, be courageous and
be strong. For you are more than a conqueror.
No comments:
Post a Comment