Monday, April 13, 2009

Such Passon Sacrifice & Love


To reconnect ourselves with the true meaning of Easter my mom, grandparents and I decided to watch Mel Gibsons "The Passion Of The Christ". As soon as it started I flashed back to the very first time I saw it. My family and I went and saw it in the movie theater when it was released. I remember being uncertain on what to expect. I had seen movies about the Crucifiction before, seeing the whole story from begininng to end. As I thought about it, those movies were pretty clean when it came down to the Crucifiction part. Little did I know the gore and bloodshed I had yet to see. When it got to that heartbreaking gruesome part, I began to cry. Never realizing the actual price my precious Jesus paid.

As it continued I began to sob. When I looked around the theater I noticed that I wasnt the only one. Women and even grown Men were crying. It was heartwrenching for every believer who has ever seen the movie. Last night when we were watching it again I had the same reaction. With every sound of the barbed whip making contact to His body I flenched getting tears in my eyes. I couldnt control my emotions and I dont think I will when I watch the movie. I again was also reminded of the love, devotion and sacrfice Jesus had for all man kind. Do you know of anyone who would die a death like that just for you? Thank God that we all have Jesus.

He paid the ultimate price. No other man has ever loved me that much, and no man probably ever will. Watching that movie made me fall in love with Jesus even more. Even though it was heartbreaking, and gutwrenching to watch it was the truest depiction of what it probably was like for Jesus. Mel Gibson wasnt afraid to show the truth of what it was really like. Although nobody can know or say what it was like exactly, Im sure it was along those lines. Which makes sacrifice more meaningful and sweet.

My Jesus chose to die the same death of horrible, bad criminals. Thieves hung on both sides of him and he was innocent and pure. Yet as he was hanging there, dying slowly, Jesus forgave the sins of one of those criminals. He told the man that he would follow Jesus into paradise. Amazing huh? As blood flowed onto the ground, his skin mutilated, his body broken and mangled. Jesus forgave the sins of that criminal and forgave us all. He forgave us and our sins, wiping our slates clean. As innocent blood was shed we were wiped clean of all our iniquities. Jesus loved us so much and that was shown through the passionate sacrifice of his life by dying on the cross. May we never forget the love, passion and sweet sacrifice our Jesus has for us. Never forget.


Isaiah 53:5

"But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed."

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I don't think you have to be a "believer" to feel the emotion in that movie. It was intense!