Sunday, September 1, 2013

Patience Ends in Blessing

“Blessed is she who Believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord.” Luke 1:45

So I feel as though I’m gonna be real with you guys. It may not come as a surprise to some, but lately I have been battling a lot of emotions when it comes to my future. My future that I will share with that man that God has for me. It has been a struggle especially recently as I see my closest friends, finding relationships and getting married, starting a brand new journey. Being 26 years old and seeing all these younger friends of mine starting that journey hasn’t been easy to deal with. I am full of joy for every one of them but I can’t help but wonder why not me? Why am I having to wait longer? What am I doing wrong, if I am doing something wrong? I’ve cried out to the Lord I don’t know how many times in deep confusion.

In those times the Lord speaks to me in deep, heart piercing ways. God is omnipotent (able to do anything, unlimited power) so I know He is fully capable. One thing He has been speaking to me is patience. Which for people that know me know that is a HUGE task to give me. I am neither patient nor able to relinquish control to anyone. But out of all the people to hand over the biggest desire and dream why not Christ. Who is able to do anything. It’s been especially bad the past month. It started at a wedding, my sister-in-law’s sister got married and their grandmother came over to me, and asked me “When are you getting married honey?” *SHOOT ME NOW* I answered graciously, “Oh well, hopefully soon,” her response “Oh are you seeing someone” *SERIOUSLY JUST SHOOT ME* my response while picking myself up off the floor was “No, that’s what I’m hoping to find soon.” She just smiled and patted my hand saying, “Oh, it will happen dear. Just wait.” Welcome to my life, I swear it was right out of a movie.

In that moment I knew she was right. Just wait dear, it’ll happen. I felt as though God was giving me that little reminder through their grandma, to instill that truth inside me once again. Waiting and patience is NEVER easy, it’s always the hardest thing, especially when you’re waiting for something you desire most. But, as the saying goes “Good things come to those who wait,” this scripture says just that, but in a bigger sense because it’s GOD the Lord of capability that says, “You will be blessed and desires fulfilled because I have promised you that.” If you’re like me and are having to wait for something that seems like it’s taking the longest time ever, be encouraged. God promises blessing and fulfillment. He will come through in His timing and it will be far more amazing than you ever imagined or expected. Stay strong, keeping going, never settle for anything less than the best, God’s best for your life. You will never regret having the patience and determination to wait. I’ve seen it happen for close friends and family, I know He is Omnipotent. Fully powerful and able to anything. Trust Him, it’s coming. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya girl....totally know what you're talking about. So proud of you for keeping your eyes focused and letting God use this season of your life. He is working and its good!
Love you!
Bre G